Position Focus: Creative Communications Director
“Live Your Greatest Life: Loving God, Loving People, Reaching the World”
Start Date: September 1, 2016
Time Commitment: 20 hours/week. Note: This is an in-house position, as such, hours must be
completed during regular office hours Monday – Thursday. Specific schedules will be discussed
during the interviews.
Remuneration: Based on experience and qualifications
Reports To: Office Manager & Worship Pastor
Relates Closely With: Pastoral Staff & Ministry Leaders
Summary Position Focus:
- To develop CLCC’s creative communication to a level of excellence through video, images, social media, and our website
- Communicate information visually to the CLCC family and general public through quality publications, both printed and electronic, that maintain consistency and “branding.”
- Design and update the weekly bulletins and sermon notes
- Design intriguing and engaging Sermon Series Themes including PowerPoints, sermon notes and various publications for Social Media
- Design, create and/or outsource the production of promotional materials for CLCC ministry events (i.e. Church-Wide Initiative, Fall Kick-Off, Baby Dedications etc.) to the CLCC family and public (i.e. invitations, posters, brochures, banners, PowerPoints, social media images, paper copy sign-up sheets, paper copy registrations, forms, offering envelopes, info cards, CLCC Connect Card, bookmarks, calendars, business cards, promotional mugs, umbrellas, etc.)
- Create and implement a social media strategy implementing existing social media mediums and incorporating new ones
- To oversee website images and communication
- To create excellent videos for CLCC (God-stories, event promos, sermon series, baptism, etc.)
The Successful Applicant will:
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat and an aptitude for learning new computer skills.
- Familiar with how to install fonts, download free photos, set up photo accounts etc.
- Understands that Graphic Design is about integrating information with design and presenting it visually without having the design become more important than the information it conveys
- Can tailor designs to fit requests
- Capable of creating designs in different styles (i.e. kid-friendly, adult-oriented, intercultural-oriented, church family, community outreach etc.)
- Possess a high level of communication and relational skills
- Be a partner in good standing of Christian Life Community Church or a successful applicant for CLCC Partnership.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
Please submit the following to the CLCC Human Resources department (email@example.com) no later than August 15, 2016:
- A graphic design example (powerpoint format) of the following:
Sermon Series Template:
Sermon Series: A Christian Response to the Secular Mind
Sermon Title: Can We Be Good Without God?
Text: James 1:9-11
See file “What in the World is God Up To?” and/or review the sermon files at www.clcc.ca to familiarize yourself with current powerpoint graphic design.
- Sample Poster (Letter size) & Invitation Card (4.5” x 3.5”) for a CLCC Event:
Father & Kids Retreat 2016
September 30-Oct 2, 2016 @ The Firs Retreat Centre
Fee: $120 for 13+, $80 for 12 under.
Invite your friends or bring your son and daughter! (6+)
Contact Pastor Sam for all the Registration details:
Register & Pay at https://clcc.ca/connect/mens-ministry/